Monday, February 28, 2011

Yesterday I turned 25

I wanted to take some time to reflect on who I have become, some of the things that have happened to me along the way, and some hopes for the future.  So, in celebration I decided to make a list.  I couldn't decide on one theme, so I chose 5 lists of 5.  

seat number 25

5 significant events in my life
  1. My junior year of high school.  The toughest year of my teens with lots of drama and heartbreak, but also one that taught me a lot about true friendship!  
  2. Meeting Mark, my best friend and soulmate whom I cannot say "I love you!" and "Thank you!" to enough!  You've been right along beside me ever since we met, and have helped me overcome and grow so much!
  3. Attending the Oregon Extension (with Mark) the fall semester of our Junior year.  Not only did we learn a lot about ourselves, eachother, God, and too many other things to list... we also found home.  
  4. Our year spent in Denver, CO was one of the hardest, and yet meaninful year for me.  I learned to forgive, trust, and most of all allow myself to dream!  I'm so grateful for the love and support of dear friends and family who helped us along the way!
  5. Moving to Portland, OR.  We had to overcome A LOT of stuff in order to get to where we are today!  We are finally home!!!
5 things I do well
  1. Knit
  2. Laugh
  3. Arts and Crafts
  4. Repurposing
  5. Giving myself french manicures
5 things you may or may not know about me
  1. From the moment I got "Spike" my favorite Cabbage Patch Kid I snuggled with him every night until I got married!
  2. I used to be a fairly picky eater until I met Mark.
  3. I love collecting small bits of nature.
  4. I really miss my besties!  Brittany, The Fab 4, and my C.A.T. Camp girlies... these girls are my sisters!  I love them so much and miss them all something fierce!
  5. The smell of lavender, pine, and fresh mountain air bring tears to my eyes.
5 of my favorite things
  1. Chocolate
  2. Honey
  3. Buttons: I'm working on a vintage/antique button collection... everytime I see a button bin at a thrift or vintage/antique store I squeal with delight and am not satisfied until I've thuroughly dug through the bin in order to find exactly the right specimines for my collection!
  4. My puppy boy, Oliver!  He brings a lot of joy and a whole lotta love to our lives!
  5. Being barefoot and soaking up sunshine!

5 things I want to do before I turn 30
  1. Become a mama
  2. Knit a sweater
  3. Make a quilt
  4. Fill an art journal
  5. Travel outside of the U.S.


(Just a few days before my 25th birthday.)




No comments:

Post a Comment